This is my first ever top 5 Wednesday!
Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey, and is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. I was sort of oblivious to this weekly top 5, I believe… I don’t know why or how, I just was :’) Anyway, if you want to know more about this weekly book meme, you can click on this link, you’ll end up on the Goodreads group.
So, here is my top 5 of settings that I’d like to see more of:
- Scandinavia, during the time that the Vikings crossed the oceans to the British Isles, Ireland, and even the middle east. (Because let’s face it: the Vikings were awesome)
- The Netherlands (until 1900 or so), but written by English Authors. Some time ago I read The Warlock and the Wolf by Delfy Hall (click the link to see my review). I really liked it because it makes me see my country’s history in a different sort of light.
- Prehistoric. People time travel to the prehistoric period, a bit like Terra Nova. (I still can’t get over the fact that that series was cancelled…)
- Rome around the time that the Christian faith started to take over.
- 10th century North-America when the Vikings discovered the place, then especially their settlement and relationship with the natives. (Again: yeey Vikings)
That’s my top 5! It was hard to come up with a good top 5 five, but here it is. It was great to do my first post for the top 5 Wednesday book meme, and I’m so looking forward to the next one ^_^