Thanks to Themisathena from Lioness at Large for nominating me for this award 😀 I did not see that coming! (and I don’t even have glasses… okay bad joke… moving on).
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer themselves.
I have decided though, to do my nominations last (just because I can *evil laughing thingy*).
Are you ready for this?! I sure am! Here come the answers to the questions:
1. What do you most appreciate in your friends?
What I appreciate most in my friends? Uhm… I think that I appreciate honesty the most in people. By honesty I don’t mean that they tell me of my outfit looks like it comes from the gutter (okay that too), but that they are honest about what they think things and me. I couldn’t possibly be friends with someone who would let me fall the minute I would need his or her support the most, only because they never actually liked me. Then again, I don’t use the word friend all that much, I usually just mention that I know people. So folks, if I call you a friend; you should feel really special 😛
2. What fault do you find easiest to tolerate in others?
I’m not sure if it’s a fault, but I can tolerate selfishness until a certain level. I think every human being is selfish in a way in order the preserve him or herself. So I can tolerate that, but only if they don’t go to far in that.
3. What is your favorite occupation?
Reading, eating, watching series/films/stupid things on the telly or the internet, and even doing school stuff (yes, I’m weird that way). I don’t mind to work, but it’s obviously not my favorite occupation :’)
4. What is your idea of happiness, and what is your idea of misery?
My idea of happiness is doing whatever it is that makes you feel good. For example: I tried to study something that I thought sucked, but it was a strategic choice. That didn’t make me happy at all. But, now that I study what I like, I feel way better about myself and I don’t necessarily think about what will happen after that, because I’m happy at this moment.
This example actually already gives the answer to my idea of misery: which is not doing whatever it is that makes you feel good.
5. If not where you are actually living right now, where would you like to live?
Oh that’s a mean question! It’s not that I don’t like The Netherlands, but I’d like to give somewhere else a try. I’m actually willing to go to Denmark, to see if that is where I’d like to live. If not, I’ll just keep on looking for the place that feels like home 🙂
6. What is your favorite color?
Can I have two? Of course I can. Red and green. I once put on red jeans and a green sweater… I swear I looked like a christmas tree :’) but, I liked it nonetheless haha
7. Who is your hero / heroine in fiction, and why?
Nope, cannot answer this question. Unfortunately I don’t have one…
8. Who is your hero / heroine in real life, and why?
Mock me all you want, but my heroes are my parents. Yes, I know, it’s cheesy and all that, but they’ve always been there for me and I know that they will always be there for me. They’ve come so far despite everything they’ve been through, and they’ve always motivated me to do my best and to do whatever made me happy. Also, they survived 21 year with me already! That really means something.
9. What natural talent would you like to be gifted with?
Not crying when someone else is crying on the telly… that would be so great.
10. If you had a time machine allowing you to travel to up to 3 different eras (past and future), what era(s) would you like to travel to?
Mean! I don’t want to pick only three :’) But If I had to make a choice I’d go with the 10th and 16th century AD, and the Golden Age of The Netherlands.
11. From a burning building, you have the option to rescue either a [cat / dog / supply your own favorite animal] or a priceless work of art, but not both. Which of the two do you rescue, and why?
Art can burn for all I care! I’d save my pet rather than art! Why? I’m just not really an art person… that’s why. Besides, who’d ever want to miss the look of pure dismay that a cat can give you? Nothing is better than that.
11 random facts about yours truly:
- I still love Disney as much as when I was a kid, maybe even more. And yes, I sing along with every song BECAUSE I CAN AND WILL.
- If I wear a dress, it’s in the 1950’s style.
- I think Chihuahua’s are just smart and somewhat larger rats… I’m sorry people.
- When I get my own place, I’m going to get a record player ^_^
- Yes, I still live with my parents. That’s because I’m not willing to pay over 400 euros a month just so that I can live two streets from where I live now. It’s not necessary to move out yet, I already live where I study.
- Cooking is not really my thing… My boyfriend does the cooking, I support!
- I care more about the state of my books than the state of the rest of my room… so there’s that.
- Banana smoothies with honey are just the best smoothies ever!
- Faun is a great German band! Go check it out.
- Back in the day, when I was 7, I fell from a roof 4 meters high and I broke my wrist. When my wrist was better, I climbed it again without my parents knowing it. I told them some years later and they were still angry :’)
- I really like the smell of wood burning on a fire… it’s just me being weird.
It was so hard to come up with 11 random facts! I’d never expected it to be that hard hahaha It took me quite some time to think of these things.
11 nominations and the questions:
Since I really want to meet some new people, I’ve decided to pick 11 people I don’t know. That means that I also have no clue whether they are new bloggers, or older bloggers that I don’t know (probably the last option) In any case; they are new blogger in my point of view. Hereby I nominate:
- A Bookworm’s musing
- Clemi’s Bookish World
- Kittens & Mittens
- Suneshine eyes
- Written Constellations
- Paws & Read
- Literary Dust
- If It Has Words
- Geeky Myths
I hope to be able to get to know you guys!
The questions are:
- What is your favorite spot in the city/village you live in?
- Would you rather live in the middle of nowhere or in the city? Why?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite animation film and why?
- If you’d have to pick one flower that you would have to have in your living room for the next 10 years, what flower would it be?
- What country/countries do you still want to visit?
- Have you seen the series How I Met Your Mother?*
- What languages would you like to learn and why?
- Who’s your favorite monarch from before the 19th century and why?
- If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
- Are you a good cook?
Good luck you guys!