Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey, and is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. If you want to take a look at the Goodreads group, and perhaps even want to join, you can click this link.
This weeks topic is *tension building* Books I Will Never Read. Yes, you could have known by looking at the title, but did you see what I did there?! (nah, you probably didn’t) I ADDED SOMETHING :O Oh, the creativity is overwhelming *barfs a bit*. Here are the guidelines: Whether it’s from a series that you have outgrown or don’t wish to continue, or they are popular books that just don’t interest you, let us know what you don’t plan on reading.
This is really difficult because: where do I even begin. Yes, some people might say I’m limiting myself (saying that I don’t read out of my comfort zone often enough, or that I should just give some books a shot), but I like my current situation. For this top 5 I’ve decided to pick 5 series from different genre’s (just to keep it interesting).
So, here is this week’s top 5: Books I Will Never Read Voluntarily.
- First of all (and most important I might add): Anything that has to do with 50 shades a Grey. Really, for the love I bear for anything that is not on my bad side, I don’t even want to think about reading that book or the rest of that series.
This is one of those examples of books I’d like to use to get the fire in my hearth (the fireplace). I don’t say that no one should like it. Of course there are always people who disagree, but I would never (ever times infinity) read anything related to 50 shades of Grey voluntarily.
- A series I have no intention of finishing is the Study series by Maria V. Snyder. After reading the first book over a year ago, I never gave a second thought to continuing this series. I know for that people do love/like it (after looking about the net for a bit I even discovered that there are apparently more than three books now), but this series is sadly not for me.
- Third in my list (again a series) is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I started the first book together wit Anne from Inked Brownies, back in the day when we were paired for a reading challenge thingy. It so happened that I never even finished a quarter of the book (one of my very few DNFs). Why? For some reason I couldn’t connect at all. Again, a series loved/liked by many, but not by me. No way that I will ever finish this series.
- This fourth pick is not one I don’t like, rather one that I don’t really care about: the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. It’s not that I’ve tried them, or that I have an outright dislike, it’s more that I am not interested enough to read the books. Throughout the years I’ve read some review, almost bought the first books, an watched the movies, but I don’t feel the urge to read this series. Yes, the books are often way better than the movies, but taking everything into account I figure that I’m just to old for this series. Maybe, if I were a couple of years younger, I would have liked it, however, now I’m not feeling it.
- Last, but not least, is: The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I do have a thing with series, don’t I? Anyhooooo, yeah, this series. Wow… Okay. So, about two years ago or so, I started the first book. In this particular case I had just discovered the series and was shocked to find it quite likeable, so I tracked down the first book, sat my ass down on the couch and… could tear the book into a lot of little pieces within the first couple of pages. Damn, that was quite a thing to get through. It took me almost half a year, but I didn’t put it on my DNF-list because I really wanted to like it. Obviously, I didn’t, and so this is another series that I will never finish voluntarily. (This lovely dislike stamp is one I got from business2community.com).
This was this the top 5 of this weeks, now you know which series I will never finish (or start) voluntarily, ever.
What your top 5 of books you will never read? Or ever finish? Leave your answer in the comment! Have a lovely Wednesday folks, and don’t worry school’s not that bad ^_^ It’ll be Christmas within four more months!