Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted and created by The Broke and the Bookish. If you want some more information about the meme, just click the link 🙂
So, about two weeks ago there was a TTT about Villains. Now, for some reason I have a weakness for villains and absolutely love them most of the time (or hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns, it depends on the situation at hand). Since I missed that amazing list, I’ve decided to participate! From now on, there will be Top Ten Tuesdays on my blog ^_^
Today’s topic is: Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After.
Alright here we go! Just so you know, when you click the link you will be redirected to the Goodreads page of the book 🙂
- Floki. This name is already in use! The character is originally (at least the one I’m thinking of) from Vikings, a series on History Channel. Now, some time ago, my boyfriend and I decided to buy a car together (one small step for humanity, but a huge step in our relationship blabla), and we named him Floki ^_^ Why? Because it’s a Ford Fiesta, it already starts with an F, we both love Floki in the series = ❤
- Ragnar. That is definitely going to be the name for my next dog! Ragnar is quite a well known historical figure, but he’s also a character in Vikings, and in a series called The Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell.
- Siri She is a character from the book Warbreaker written by Brandon Sanderson. She is absolutely awesome and I think that I will call my chicken Siri. Why my chicken? Well, she’ll provide for me! and for that that chicken deserves a name and acknowledgement.
- Snorri Sturluson. He is the one who wrote the Edda. If you want to know more about Snorri, click this link, but I know for a fact that I will name my next cat after him. The full name will then be: Henry Snorri Sturluson II, his royal majesty :’) The vet will probably hate me for all eternity if I do this haha
- Elinor She is a character from a novella that I read with Anne from Inkedbrownies for our double read in the book called A Reaper of Stone by Mark Gelineau. She was an absolutely badass character. Then there was of course Eleanor of Aquitaine, a different spelling yet still the same name, who was an amazing queen. I see this as a potential name for, maybe, a future daughter? What do you guys think?
- Faran The horse of Sparhawk in The Diamond Throne by David Eddings. This horse was the best. He is grumpy, a dick to everyone and he bites them as well, no love for others except for his owner. If I ever do get a horse (childhood dream and all that) I will definitely call him Faran (yes, it’s really going to be a him because I don’t really get along with mares).
- Pug If I have a dog and it’s going to happen to be a pug, I’ll call him Pug :’) The character in the Raymond Feist books is an absolute genius, so maybe the pug will be too? :’)
- Sabetha Again, an awesome character. She’s a character who actually comes into the spotlight in the third book of the Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch. If I ever get a female cat, she’ll be named after her. Just for attitude sake.
- Seralynd I’m not that familiar with the character yet, so I’ll have to wait and see, but the name is nice. Maybe a potential name for a child? I do like the sound of it.
- Peíst I know right, it doesn’t sound like much. But the fact is that this creature is actually a dragon! So awesome! *fangirling* If I get another car later on in my life, I will call it Peíst. Or if I ever get a dragon (you know, like when the world suddenly decides to become awesome a.f.) I’ll hope that he will accept the name. Or maybe not, it depends. I might even call my sword Peíst! there’s an idea….
p.s. I named my parents’ car after mister Darcy :’) it is a Dacia Logan, so there was already a D, an a and a y sound hahaha
Now, I’m curious: Would you use any of the names on this list? If yes, which one(s)? If no, why not? And of course: What names would you give to your kids/car/pets/inanimate objects? Leave your ideas in the comment section below! Enjoy the rest of your day ^_^