Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey, and is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. If you want to take a look at the Goodreads group, and perhaps even want to join, you can click this link.
Another week has passed and we’re another week closer to the end of the year! Winter (Christmas) is coming, my birthday is coming, end-terms are just around the corner…this is one very confusing month. BUT, what’s not confusing is this week’s topic of the Top 5 Wednesday: Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017.
The guidelines for this weeks were actually pretty straight forward:
These are those books you meant to read in 2016 or 2015 or 2014 and never got around to. Those books that have been sitting on your TBR for a while, and you really want to get to. These aren’t upcoming 2017 releases; these are older books that need your love too!
This is absolutely doable and so here is my Top 5 (in no particular order and without the actual certainty that I will be able to read those books next year :’)) The links will guide you to the goodreads page 🙂
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. I’ve already read the first two books and I really want to know how it ends! I finally bought this last book a couple of weeks ago so this book NEEDS to be read in 2017.
- Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson. After reading the first two books I really really REALLY want to read this third book in the series, but I’ve just not had the time to read it yet. 2017! I hope…
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. Again a typical example of; I got through the first two, but haven’t made it to the third book yet.
- The Pagan Lord by Bernard Cornwell. Since I’m re-reading this series I really want to read this one in 2017 because I’ve not yet read this one! My goal is to have read up until the tenth book in 2017 ^_^ Hope with me you guys… I need all the support I can get :’)
- The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. Shame on me, but I got this book for my birthday last year and I still haven’t read it yet. Aweful, I know, but I can’t do anything about it :O There was just life interfering with my reading 😥
So, this was my Top 5. What is yours? Are any of the books that I mentioned present on your list? If you’ve already read them: What did you think of them? and is it worth a shot? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!